Beginner Course (max 35 people)
- 10am: Meet at Castle Combe Manor for reception.
- 10:30am: Drive to the shooting range and get equipped with safety gear.
- 11am: Full safety briefing with basic instruction on operations of shotguns. Split into groups of 4.
- 11:30am: Shooting begins in individual groups, with expert tuition to ensure you all get hitting clays.
- 1pm Having driven back to the Manor, a spectacular Lunch will be served in the Shakespeare Suite, a stunning room with beautiful views over the grounds of the Manor house.
- 2pm: Back to the shooting range for more practice on different targets to widen your skills with the gun.
- 3pm. Simulated game hour. Targets will appear out of woodland and thick hedges to replicate driven pheasant shooting. Clients will be in 8 pairs, lined up facing the direction the target is coming from. To start one will shoot, and the other help load the gun. In this unique experience you will not know specifically where the target is coming from or indeed when, thus sharpening your reflexes and seeing if you can put into practice that which you have learnt in the morning. After a time, pairs swap roles to keep everyone involved.
- 4pm. Competition time. A quick fire competition round over ten targets each, with a fitting trophy for the winner!
- 4:45pm. Back to Castle Combe Manor to end the day